Got a case of the Mondays? We’ve all been there more times than we care to admit. Most of us hop on the struggle bus Monday morning. But there are some simple things we can do to change our mindset, re-energize and get our week off to a great start.
Here are 5 things you can do to get your week off to a great start:
- Forget about anything negative from last week. You can’t change the past. Since you can’t change the past don’t let it negatively impact your future. Focus instead on what you can control THIS week.
- Prepare on Sunday evening or Friday afternoon for the upcoming week. At least look at your calendar and see the upcoming meetings, appointments, deadlines, etc. Get an idea of how your schedule will look for the upcoming week. Mentally prepare yourself for a slow or jam packed week. Set yourself up for a smooth Monday transition.
- Exercise. It doesn’t have to be strenuous, but 30 minutes of activity will do wonders for your energy level and clear your mind so you can start fresh. Seriously, it’s science. Exercise literally releases chemicals in your brain that help to reduce stress and increase feel good hormones. So, get moving.
- Get a good night’s rest. Believe me I realize this is easier said than done, especially on particularly fun-filled weekends. This is a loose list, not set in stone. LOL But a good night’s rest on Sunday will set you up physically and mentally for a fresh start. You won’t regret it.
- Eat the Frog first. Huh? This saying stems from the idea that the thing you are dreading the most on your to-do list is the “frog.” Eat that frog first thing on Monday and get it over with. Otherwise, that frog just might end up eating you by draining you of positive energy and taking up space in your mind all week because you are dreading it. Bon Appetit.
Try implementing these 5 simple steps next week to get your week off to a great start and see how much better you feel about Mondays and your week ahead.
Hustle with Heart provides information on this website as a service. The content herein is not intended as expert advice and it is not a substitute for qualified professional advice, including but not limited to legal advice, medical advice or educational advice. Hustle with Heart does not warrant the content provided herein for accuracy or completeness. Hustle with Heart reserves the right to update, modify and alter the information and content on this site without any notice to you.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Our content may include affiliate links for products and/or services we personally use, recommend, and/or believe would be helpful for you, our followers. If you take action (i.e., subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, we will earn a small referral fee. We also display ads on the Site which may generate revenue for us. Income earned through these affiliate links and ads helps us continue to provide helpful content to you.
We also are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.